As we head into Spring Break we'd like to say thank you to our parents for your continued support of your children's learning and your ongoing involvement in the life of our school. Your support makes CLE a great place to be for all of us. Special Thanks to:
· Our lunch program coordinators and all of the parents who commit time weekly to sorting and delivering our hot lunches to 20 classrooms!!
· All of our parent volunteers driving, reading, guest speaking during LiD, supporting electives and helping make our school a vibrant community.
· Our CEA staff who help all of our students and staff!!
· Mrs. Richardson and Mr. Archambault for coaching our basketball teams this season
· Mrs. Hoek and Mrs. Miller with all their hard work preparing for the upcoming intermediate musical.
· Our teaching staff who have gone the extra distance to run intramurals, and create engaging and exciting opportunities in their classrooms!
We have celebrated our diversity, building resilience, standing up for what is right and focusing on love and peace during our Harmony Day Assembly." We also highlighted the importance of tolerance, courageously doing what is right and standing up for those being mistreated in a sea of pink! We are also excited to be celebrating "Inclusivity" of all our students on March 5th at our 10:10 a.m. assembly. Please join us.
School News: Congratulations to our grade 6 'Lego Robotics' team who competed in the district competition for the third time. The CLE students represented our school very well and the learning along the way was fantastic. A great example of critical and creative thinking!!
School, Community Learning Plan Update:
Last Winter/Spring our SCLP team (i.e. parents, teachers, administrators, support staff) scanned all students, staff and surveyed parents for feedback about what was going on for our learners at school. We took the feedback, created school goals and implemented changes this year to enhance our students' learning experiences. We are going to do a follow-up survey of our students after Spring Break to gain a further understanding of what is working well for student learning this year. Please see our School Learning Plan (website) for further details of our school learning journey this year. Please see our most recent video describing some learning experiences for your children at CLE this year!